Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
I have two locations, one in Westchester and one in NYC.
280 Dobbs Ferry Road White Plains, NY 10607
1133 Broadway (between 25th & 26th Streets) NY, NY 10010
What is your fee?
Please contact me for my current rates.
How do I pay you?
Payment is due at the time services are rendered.
I accept cash, check, Chase Quickpay and credit card via Square ($5 per transaction fee for Square).
Do you do online sessions?
Do you take insurance?
I am an out-of-network provider. To find out specifics, I recommend calling your insurance carrier and asking them about your out-of-network benefits for mental health. I will provide you with a monthly receipt to submit to them for reimbursement.
Do you offer sliding scale rates?
I devote a certain number of reduced-fee slots in my practice for clients in need of this. Please contact me to discuss further.
What are some reasons I should come to therapy?
- You are going through a crisis or life transition.
- You feel stressed and overwhelmed.
- You want to make changes but feel stuck.
- You feel something is missing in your life.
- You desire more from your relationships.
- You yearn for more purpose and meaning in your life.
- You want to make choices that are more aligned with your needs, desires and goals.
- You are ready to move from surviving to thriving.
What are some things that I can expect to get out of therapy?
Like many things in life, the more effort and dedication you put into the experience, the more you will get out of it. Our work together can help you:
- Deepen your understanding of yourself and others.
- Improve your communication and connection with others.
- Increase your coping skills.
- Manage your stress.
- Find more balance.
- Gain clarity of your needs, desires and goals.
- Strengthen your inner resources.
- Discover your truth and passions.
- Live your life more authentically.
- Forgive yourself and others.
- Accept yourself and others.
- Appreciate yourself and your life.
- Live your life more deliberately.
- Enhance the things in your life that are working.
- Find more peace, joy and happiness.
What is Gestalt Therapy?
Gestalt Therapy is a Humanistic Psychotherapy that focuses on gaining awareness in the present moment and strengthening internal supports, so that more choices are available to you. It is relational and experiential and works with feelings in the body, as well as the mind, as a means of self-discovery and healing, in order to make change.
What is SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® is a creative art process that is powerful and fun! Using images from magazines, you will create small collages, each card representing a different aspect of yourself. When creating SoulCollage® cards, you draw upon your own imagination, life experiences, and intuition, while giving visual form to aspects of your personality, relations, and emotional patterns. Accessing your intuition is a means to deeper understanding and healing. SoulCollage® is a perfect way to slow down and spend time exploring your life, as you work with images to discover the ongoing “story of you”. No art experience necessary.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the practice of allowing yourself to be open to the present moment without judgment and without attachment. Research has shown that mindfulness skills practice can help one decrease depression, anxiety, and irritability, lessen distraction and increase our ability to control our attention, increase our ability to regulate our emotions, and enhance our immune system.